DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 05/07/2018

Parish Council Matters

Moderator: matyeo

Post Reply
matyeo
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 05/07/2018

Post by matyeo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:24 pm

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF SUTTON VENY PARISH COUNCIL held on Thursday 5th July 2018

Membership: Cllrs V King (Chair), C Morris (Vice Chair), T Goodman, R Guerri-Fear, A Lusty, W Owen,
S Walker & K Wilson

Present: Cllrs King (Chair), Lusty, Morris, Owen & Walker
Officers: M Atyeo (Clerk)
Public: None present

2808. Acceptance of apologies for absence
Cllrs Goodman, Guerri-Fear & Wilson

The meeting was adjourned to allow members of the public the opportunity to raise any issues.
2809. Open session for members of the public
None present.
The meeting reconvened.

2810. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011
None

2811. To confirm and sign minutes of the last meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on 7th June 2018 were circulated prior to this meeting were accepted as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
Proposed: Cllr Morris Seconded: Cllr Owen

2812. Councillor Vacancy – Consider any applications
Two residents of the village have shown interest in joining the Parish Council. The post will be advertised in the newsletter and then all applications will be considered at the September meeting.

2813. Results of Best Kept Village Competition 2018
Sutton Veny was placed second within our category of four medium sized villages in the Western area of the County. A report will be written for the newsletter. The Chairman asked the Clerk to write to inform the BKV judging committee that the village does have a play area that was missed by the judges.

2814. Consider & Approve Play Area repairs quotations
Two estimates have been received for play area repairs. Outdoor Play South West quoted £5028.00 (inc VAT) and idverde £3147.74 (inc VAT). The Councillors unanimously agreed to accept the idverde estimate.
Proposed: Cllr Morris Seconded: Cllr Walker
The Clerk has also requested further details of the weekly inspections offered by idverde.

2815. Allotments – Tenancy Agreement Breaches
A letter was sent to all allotment tenants in May, highlighting some of the rules of their leases and asking them to adhere to them. There is an issue with plot 14 encroaching into the composting area. It was agreed that the Clerk will write to the affected tenants, offering a small rent reduction for this and if they are agreeable, the shortfall is to be made up by the tenant of plot 14. It was also decided that the Clerk will display a notice reminding all tenants that bonfires and dogs are not permitted on the site.

2816. Chairman’s Announcements
Following recent concerns raised by a resident of the village regarding pigeon excrement on the swing seats of the play area, the Chairman has investigated this and has been advised that whilst unpleasant, there is no known risk to health.
The Chairman reiterated the need to carefully check and consider all planning consultations received from Wiltshire Council.

2817. Planning Committee Report
Wiltshire Council planning decisions:
18/04464/TCA – Glebe Farm, High St – Tree works – NO OBJECTION
18/04490/LBC – Little Newnham, High St – Proposed alteration to first floor bathrooms - APPROVE
Applications for Parish Council consideration:
18/05201/TCA – The Dairy House, Duck St – Tree works – NO COMMENT
18/06104/TCA – The Pink Cottage, 60 Duck St – Tree works
18/05539/FUL – 10 Walnut Close – Alteration to existing garage – NO OBJECTION

2818. Financial Information
Payments for approval
100842 M Atyeo – Re Flower Show prize money £50.00
100843 M Atyeo – Salary & expenses £1377.31
Proposed: Cllr Lusty Seconded: Cllr Morris
Balance at Bank @ 03/05/2018 £14,026.95

2819. Clerk’s Report
The change of signatories form recently sent to HSBC Bank has been returned stating that it was the incorrect form. The Councillors signed the replacement instruction.

2820. Correspondence issued to members 04/06/2018 to 29/06/2018
Noted.

2821. Matters raised by Councillors - for discussion only
None

2807. Items for newsletter and website
The Clerk will write the report for the village hall newsletter.

The meeting closed at 19:50

Post Reply