DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 03/10/2019

Parish Council Matters

Moderator: matyeo

Post Reply
matyeo
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 03/10/2019

Post by matyeo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:14 pm

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF SUTTON VENY PARISH COUNCIL held on Thursday 3rd October 2019

Membership: Cllrs V King (Chair), A Lusty, C Morris, K Phillips, J Robbins, A Russell, S Walker and
K Wilson (Vice-Chair)
Present: Cllrs King (Chair), Lusty, Morris, Phillips, Robbins, Russell and Walker
One member of the public
Officers: M Atyeo (Clerk)

2979. Acceptance of apologies for absence
Cllr Wilson

The meeting was adjourned to allow members of the public to raise any issues.
2980. Open session for members of the public
Martin Singer introduced himself to the Councillors present and outlined his past experience and reasons for wanting to join the parish council. He then left the meeting.
The meeting reconvened.

2981. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011
None

2982. To confirm and sign minutes of the last meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on 5th September 2019 were circulated prior to this meeting were accepted as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
Proposed: Cllr Morris Seconded: Cllr Robbins

2983. Continue discussion Re: Village map
Cllr Phillips brought along an example of the work of the artist that she has been in contact with. There is a plan to meet the artist in November and discuss ideas and possible cost.

2984. Further information on flower box/es at village entrance signs
Kingsdown Farm Ltd is willing to sponsor a flower box at the village sign along the Longbridge Deverill Road. The licence would be applied for by the Clerk, but all costs and maintenance would be covered by Kingsdown Farm. Cllr Phillips will check that the terms of the licence are acceptable.

2985. Councillor vacancy
The Clerk received two applications for the Councillor vacancy. After discussions, it was decided that Martin Singer would be co-opted at the November meeting.

2986. Christmas tree 2019 – continue discussions
Cllr Russell provided more detailed information regarding the proposed steel structure, along with costings for fabrication and the fairy lights to decorate. It was unanimously agreed to proceed with the project.

2987. Play Area update
The Clerk met with a representative of idVerde and a plan was drawn up to remove part of the multi-play unit that is beyond repair; this will in turn provide space for a new piece of equipment. Further information for approval will be provided at the next meeting.

2988. Chairman’s Announcements
- The Parish Council have been asked to re-apply for consideration of double yellow lines at the junction of Bests Lane and the High Street.
- The Chairman will speak to Highways at Wiltshire Council regarding the possibility of ‘SLOW’ road markings at various points in the village.

2989. Planning Committee Report
Wiltshire Council planning decisions:
19/07386/TCA – The Oaks, Norton Rd – Tree works – No Objection
Applications for Parish Council consideration:
19/08694/TCA – Shotts Cottage, 63 Duck St – Tree works – No Comment
19/08842/FUL – 107 High St – Extension to existing garage building
19/09132/TCA – The Dairy House, Duck St – Tree works – No Comment

2990. Financial Information
Payments for approval
100877 British Legion Poppy Appeal £100.00
100878 M Atyeo – Salary September £464.67
Proposed: Cllr Morris Seconded: Cllr Robbins
Balance at Bank @ 03/09/2019 £14,024.75

2991. Clerk’s Report
Wiltshire Council have reported that the gully tanker has resolved the problem with drains on the High Street by The Knapp.
There are some neglected allotments at the Longbridge Deverill site, the Clerk will write to the tenants involved.

2992. Matters raised by Councillors - for discussion only
Cllr Lusty requested a break from emptying the play area bin. We are grateful to Cllr Lusty for performing this task for such a long time and thanks go to Cllr Robbins who offered to take over.
Cllr Morris gave her apologies for the December meeting.

2978. Items for newsletter and website
The Clerk will write the report for the village hall newsletter.

The meeting closed at 19:55

The next meeting will be held on Thursday 7th November at 7pm.

Post Reply