DRAFT Minutes of the Annual Council Meeting held 03/05/2018

Parish Council Matters

Moderator: matyeo

Post Reply
matyeo
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm

DRAFT Minutes of the Annual Council Meeting held 03/05/2018

Post by matyeo » Mon May 14, 2018 2:12 pm

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL COUNCIL MEETING OF SUTTON VENY PARISH COUNCIL held on Thursday 3rd May 2018

Membership: Cllrs T Goodman, R Guerri-Fear, V King, A Lusty, C Morris, W Owen, S Oxlade,
S Walker & K Wilson

Present: Cllrs King (Chair), Goodman, Morris, Oxlade, Walker & Wilson
Officers: M Atyeo (Clerk)
Public: One member of the public present

2775. Election of Chairman
Proposals were invited for Chairman. Cllr King was proposed, seconded and elected. Cllr King signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
Proposed: Cllr Morris Seconded: Cllr Wilson

2776. Election of Vice-Chairman
Councillor Morris was proposed, seconded and elected as Vice-Chairman. Cllr Morris signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
Proposed: Cllr King Seconded: Cllr Wilson

Cllr Goodman left the meeting.

2777. Acceptance of apologies for absence
Cllrs Guerri-Fear, Lusty & Owen.

The meeting was adjourned to allow members of the public the opportunity to raise any issues.
2778. Open session for members of the public
Nothing raised.
The meeting reconvened.

2779. To Receive Declarations of Interest
Cllr Wilson Re: planning application 18/03365/TCA
Cllr King Re: 2782 Finger Post quotations

2780. To Confirm and Sign Minutes of the Last Meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on 5th April 2018 were circulated prior to this meeting and were accepted as a true record.
Proposed: Cllr Walker Seconded: Cllr Wilson

2781. Information on Speed Indicator Device
The Clerk has been in contact with the Clerk of Upper Deverills and has been advised that the device they have cost £3042 + VAT. There would also be a charge to erect the poles to attach the device to; this was previously quoted by Wiltshire Council in May 2016 as £613.90 for the installation of 3 poles. At this point, the Parish Council do not have sufficient funds available, but possible provision will be discussed when budgets are discussed for 2019.

2782. Finger Post quotations
Quotations received were £450 from Outdoor Play South West and £320 from Paul King. It was agreed by all to instruct Paul King to carry out the repairs due to the financial saving.
Proposed: Cllr Morris Seconded: Cllr Wilson

2783. Report on village tidy up
A disappointing turn out this year, but pleasingly, not much litter was found in the village, largely due to our regular litter pickers to whom the Parish Council are grateful. However, there was a significant amount collected from The Common between Sutton Veny and Bishopstrow. A different format for the event may be considered for 2019.

2784. GDPR Regulations
A summary of the regulations taking effect on 25th May was provided by Cllr Oxlade and the Councillors agreed to adhere to the new rules for Data Protection. The Clerk has a toolkit with an action plan and various templates provided by NALC and is currently working through it. A report of progress will be given by the Clerk at the June meeting.

2785. Chairman’s Announcements
The Chairman asked the Clerk to provide information regarding the latest pay scales in order to review her salary at the next meeting.

2786. Planning Committee Report
Wiltshire Council Planning decisions:
18/01602/TPO – 107 High St – Work to TPO Trees – APPROVE WITH CONDITIONS
Applications for Parish Council consideration:
18/03365/TCA – The Old Rectory, Bests Lane – Fell Copper Beech – Cllr Walker to deal under delegated powers

2787. Financial Information
Payments for approval
100836 M Jennings & W Pearce – Allotments water £155.39
100837 M Atyeo – Clerk’s salary & expenses £1372.43
Proposed: Cllr Walker Seconded: Cllr Morris
Balance at Bank @ 03/04/2018 £10519.90

2788. Clerk’s Report
The Clerk reported that the defibrillator has now been installed at The Woolpack and is ready for use. Available dates have been provided for the training session; the Clerk will check availability for the Village Hall and advertise.
A request has been received from Wiltshire Council requesting information on the village grit bins. The Clerk will report back after carrying out inspections.

2789. Correspondence issued to Councillors 28/03/2018 to 27/04/2018
Noted.

2789. Matters raised by Councillors – for discussion only
Cllr Wilson reported parking on the junction of Bests Lane and High Street making it difficult to safely exit the Lane. Also, Cllr Wilson enquired about land opposite Horses First Racing.
Cllr Morris advised there is a significant amount of fly tipping at the A36 flyover on the Norton Road. The Clerk advised this is regularly reported to Wiltshire Council.
Cllr Oxlade advised that he is resigning from the Parish Council with immediate effect. He was thanked for all he has done during his 5 years of service and will be missed by the Councillors & the Clerk.

2774. Items for newsletter and website
The Clerk will write the report for the newsletter.

The meeting closed at 20:10

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on Thursday 7th June at 7pm in the Village Hall.

Post Reply