DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 01/02/2018

Parish Council Matters

Moderator: matyeo

Post Reply
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 01/02/2018

Post by matyeo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:06 pm


Membership: Cllrs S Oxlade (Chair), V King (Vice Chair), T Goodman, R Guerri-Fear, A Lusty, C Morris, W Owen, S Walker & K Wilson

Present: Cllrs Oxlade (Chair), Guerri-Fear, King, Lusty, Morris, Walker & Wilson
Officers: M Atyeo (Clerk)
Public: None

2734. Acceptance of apologies for absence
Cllrs Goodman & Owen

2735. Open session for members of the public
None present

2736. To receive declarations of interest

2737. To confirm and sign minutes of the last meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on 2nd November 2017 were circulated prior to this meeting were accepted as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
Proposed: Cllr King Seconded: Cllr Wilson

2738. Update on second defibrillator progress
The Clerk has obtained permission from PCSO Debbie Robbins of the Warminster Community Policing Team to remove the police suggestion box currently on the front wall of The Woolpack. This will be replaced by the defibrillator cabinet. An invoice for the defibrillator and the cabinet has been requested and following payment the order will fulfilled within 6-8 weeks. Upon receipt, the Clerk will liaise with the Landlords to arrange installation and an awareness session will be booked.

2739. Repairs to finger post – approve quotation
An estimate in the region of £200.00 from Outdoor Play South West for the replacement of the three arms using existing lettering and re-painting was accepted and approved by the Councillors.
Prop: Cllr King Seconded: Cllr Guerri-Fear

2740. Repairs to play area – approve quotation
An estimate for repair works together with costings for the replacement of the multi-play unit was presented to the Councillors. No decision was made. The Clerk was asked to obtain further quotations and will also research any possible grant funding available.

2741. Consider request for donation towards SVPCC concert costs
A donation of £100.00 was approved towards the cost of the anniversary events planned this year.

2742. Consider request for funding of village bunting at approx.. £110.00
Funding in the region of £110 was approved to purchase replacement bunting to be erected prior to Anzac Day. The Clerk will liaise with Brian Long.

2743. Chairman’s Report
Damage to a style along the footpath between Dymocks Lane and Longbridge Deverill trading estate has been reported to the Chairman. The Clerk will report to Wiltshire Council along with a request for improved signage.
The Chairman asked that nominees for the Community Award are put forward at the next meeting.
The Chairman requested that the March meeting start at a later time of 8pm, agreed by all.

2744. Planning Committee Report
Wiltshire Council planning decisions:
17/07646/FUL – Land adjacent 44 High St – Proposed dwelling with new access – REFUSE
17/07448/HRN – Land at Norton Rd – Removal of hedgerow – NO OBJECTION
17/11054/TCA – 5 Walnut Close – Tree works – NO OBJECTION
17/09988/VAR – Kingsdown Farm – Application to vary condition 10 to planning permission 17/03155/VAR to amend the approved plans in respect of buildings 4 and 5 – APPROVE WITH CONDITIONS
17/10960/FUL – 16 Bests Lane – Proposed garaging – APPROVE WITH CONDITIONS
Parish Council consultations:
18/00104/TCA – 109 High St – Tree works – NO OBJECTION
17/12479/FUL – Kingsdown Farm, Lords Hill – Erection of a Stables/Office building – DEADLINE EXTENSION REQUESTED

2745. Payments for approval
100824 Mrs L Payne – upkeep of Pound Piece £200.00
100825 M Atyeo – Clerk’s salary & expenses £1357.36
100826 S Oxlade – Reimbursement of expenses £25.00
100827 South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust £1200.00
Proposed: Cllr King Seconded: Cllr Wilson

2746. Clerk’s report and correspondence received
A letter has been received from the Clerk of Heytesbury, Imber & Knook Parish Council regarding difficulties experienced in Heytesbury due to traffic diversions following road accidents in December. The Councillors had no comments on the matter
Wiltshire Council Community Engagement Manager has issued a registration form for the Great British Spring Clean, taking place on 3-4th March. Councillors decided that the litter picking event in Sutton Veny will take place, as usual in April. Date to be decided at next meeting.
Tenancy agreement for Plot 2 of the allotments was signed and witnessed.

2747. Matters raised for discussion only
Cllr Lusty asked if there was any progress regarding SIDs. To be discussed at March meeting.
Cllr Guerri-Fear asked for consideration of category for the Flower Show photography category.
Cllr Walker raised the Parish Council’s participation in the Woodland Trust’s WWI centenary commemorations. To be discussed at March meeting.

2733. Items for newsletter and website
The Clerk will write the report for the village hall newsletter.
The meeting closed at 19:45

Post Reply