DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 03/11/2016

Parish Council Matters

Moderator: matyeo

Post Reply
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 03/11/2016

Post by matyeo » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:12 pm


Present: Cllrs Oxlade (Chair), Gaydon, Goodman, Guerri-Fear, King, Morris, & Walker

2578. Acceptance of apologies for absence
Cllrs Lusty & Owen

2579. Open session for members of the public
None present.

2580. To receive declarations of interest
Cllr Oxlade re: Sutton Veny History Group donation request

2581. To confirm and sign minutes of the last meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on 6th October 2016 were circulated prior to this meeting and were accepted as a true record.
Proposed: Cllr King Seconded: Cllr Gaydon

2582. Play Area report – decide schedule of works
The annual inspection report has been received and various repairs are needed, the Clerk will obtain some estimates for the next meeting. It was decided that as the 5 bar gate requires urgent repair, that this would be undertaken as soon as possible to avoid any injury.

2583. Preliminary 2017 precept discussions
The Clerk circulated details of 2016 budgets, spending this year to date and anticipated spending until year end. Possible projects for next year were discussed and costs will be investigated for final decisions at December meeting.

2584. Christmas Tree arrangements
Delivery of the tree has been arranged for 10am on Wednesday 30th November and a team of volunteers is in place to decorate and erect the tree. There will be Carol singing and the lights will be switched on at 5pm on Saturday 3rd December. The Chairman will arrange mulled wine. Date to be advertised in the village hall newsletter.

2585 Approval for Village Hall Christmas Fayre raffle prize
All agreed to donate a bottle of whisky as a raffle prize. The Clerk will arrange.
Proposed: Cllr Gaydon Seconded: Cllr Guerri-Fear

2586. Chairman’s Report
The inspection of the numerous tree works planning applications we received was discussed, this task is made more difficult with darker evenings in winter. Cllr Walker offered to look at all tree applications and report back should they be contentious or work to a tree subject to a TPO.

2587. Planning Committee Report
Wiltshire Council planning decisions:
16/08823/TCA – Little Newnham, High St – Various tree works – NO OBJECTION
16/08634/TCA – 98 High St – Fell Norway Spruce – NO OBJECTION
16/09058/TCA – The Manor House, Duck St – Various tree works – NO OBJECTION
Parish Council consultation:
16/09514/TCA – Little Hall, High St – Crown reduce & thin Birch tree – No Objection
16/09654/TCA – 1 Walnut Close – Various tree works – No Objection
16/10106/TCA – Polebridge House, Duck St – Various tree works
16/10315 TCA – Polebridge House, Duck St – Various tree works

16/08687/OUT – Land North of The Kennels, Norton Rd – 5 dwellings & associated infrastructure
The Clerk informed the Councillors that outline planning has been approved for this, second application, at this location. Councillors were very disappointed to learn that no provision for low cost housing has been specified by Wiltshire Council, despite the results of the rural housing survey and the request by the Councillors. Upon talks with the planning officer, the Clerk learned that there is no power to impose this restriction unless a development of 10 houses or more is sought, this development will consist of 8 houses (in total), but is coupled with loss of agricultural land and is outside the development limits of the village. The Councillors felt this sets a worrying precedent.

2588. Payments
N W Adams – play area inspection £100.20
M Atyeo – Clerk’s salary & expenses £1365.96
Mr Adrian Crabbe – Christmas tree £150.00
Proposed: Cllr King Seconded: Cllr Morris

2589. Clerk’s report and correspondence received
There is ongoing correspondence regarding the possibility that there is land at Sheppards Forge that is public highway. The residents dispute this and the Clerk is awaiting further clarification from Wiltshire Council.
Bad news regarding the SIDs, an engineer’s report has shown that the repairs required to the units are not economically viable. It is hoped that there may be an alternative way forward with the scheme, but no more information is currently available.
A reminder that the defibrillator awareness session will take place on 17th November at 7pm in the village hall.

2590. Matters rose for discussion only
Cllr King asked if the repainting of white lines on the road by Little Newnham have been requested.
Cllr Goodman asked if there were guidelines for resident’s bonfires.

2577. Items for newsletter and website
The Clerk will write the report for the village hall newsletter.

The meeting closed at 20:10
The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place at 7:00pm on Thursday 1st December 2016 in the village hall.

Post Reply