DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 02/06/2016

Parish Council Matters

Moderator: matyeo

Post Reply
matyeo
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 02/06/2016

Post by matyeo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:29 pm

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF SUTTON VENY PARISH COUNCIL held on Thursday 2nd June 2016

Present: Cllrs King (Chair), Gaydon, Guerri-Fear, Lusty & Walker

2517. Acceptance of apologies for absence
Cllrs Morris, Owen & Oxlade

2518. Open session for members of the public
None present.

2519. To receive declarations of interest
None

2520. To confirm and sign minutes of the last meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on 4th May 2016 were circulated prior to this meeting and were accepted as a true record.
Proposed: Cllr Lusty Seconded: Cllr Walker

2521. Councillor Vacancy
There have been no applicants for the casual vacancy on the Parish Council. The Clerk will re-advertise in parish newsletter, noticeboard and the parish news, if possible. Defer to July meeting.

2622. Annual Governance Statement
The Annual Governance Statement was read out and agreed by all Councillors present and signed by the Chair and the Clerk.

2623. Approve accounts for year ending 31/03/2016
The accounts have been through internal audit, with no issues arising. They were approved by the Councillors and will now be sent to Grant Thornton for external audit and a copy displayed on the noticeboard.
Proposed: Cllr Guerri-Fear Seconded: Cllr Gaydon

2624. Approval of quotation for speed indicator device poles
The quotation from Ringway (via Wiltshire Council) has been received and the cost will be £613.90 for the three poles (Norton Road, Glebe Farm and Deverill Road). It was decided to proceed with the project.
Proposed: Cllr Gaydon Seconded: Cllr Lusty

2625. Dogs in play area
Cllr Morris has reported a member of the public allowing a dog in the children’s play area. It is an offence to have a dog in any enclosed play area. Any offenders can be reported to the Dog Warden at Wiltshire Council for possible prosecution. The Clerk will contact the Trustees of the Alexander Field asking them to remind regular users of this law.

2626. Arrangements for Queen’s birthday party & approval of budget
A meeting was held in May to discuss arrangements. It was decided to set up tables in the Alexander Field (similar to a street party), weather permitting and the trustees of the village hall kindly gave permission for this. Cllr King will write a royal themed quiz and the Clerk will arrange refreshments and prizes for any children wearing a crown on the day. A budget of £50.00 was approved.
Proposed: Cllr Guerri-Fear Seconded: Cllr Walker

2627. Chairman’s Report
Commercial advertising boards have been reported in various locations on public land, these will be removed.
Cllr Morris asked for a volunteer to take over bin emptying in the play area, Cllr Lusty agreed take a turn.

2528. Planning Committee Report
Wiltshire Council planning decisions:
16/03217/TCA – 43 Dymocks Lane – Tree works - NO OBJECTION
Parish Council consultation:
16/03728/FUL – The Manor Close, 69 Duck St – Rear extension – NO OBJECTION
16/03825/FUL – 17 Bests Lane – Replace existing conservatory – NO OBJECTION
16/04130/FUL - The Manor Close, 69 Duck St – Demolition of outbuilding and construction of replacement – NO OBJECTION (with condition that the outbuilding cannot be sold as separate residence)

2529. Payments
Mr W Pearce – allotments water £236.18
WALC - annual membership £258.50
S Oxlade – certificate frame £7.99
M Atyeo – Clerk’s expenses £35.00
Proposed: Cllr Walker Seconded: Cllr Lusty

2530. Clerk’s report and correspondence received
The Clerk has been contacted by the village hall secretary to advise that the hall has been booked out to the primary school on 7th July, so the Parish Council meeting will start at the later time of 19:30.
An email has been received from Warminster Community Policing Team regarding the presence of a PC or PCSO at the Parish Council meetings. It was commented that it has been some time since a representative of the CPT has attended a meeting. The offer of a report for inclusion at the monthly meetings and the ability to contact a member of the team if we require advice would be helpful.
An invitation has been issued by Wiltshire Neighbourhood Watch Association to their AGM in June.

2531. Matters rose for discussion only
Cllrs Guerri-Fear and Lusty gave advance apologies for July meeting.

2516. Items for newsletter and website
Cllr Gaydon will write the report for the village hall newsletter.

The meeting closed at 19:40

The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place at 7:30pm on Thursday 7th July 2016 in the village hall.

Post Reply