DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 07/04/2016

Parish Council Matters

Moderator: matyeo

Post Reply
matyeo
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 07/04/2016

Post by matyeo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:56 am

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF
SUTTON VENY PARISH COUNCIL held on Thursday 7th April 2016

Present: Cllrs Oxlade (Chair), Guerri-Fear, King, Lusty, Morris & Walker

2487. Acceptance of apologies for absence
Cllrs Gaydon & Owen

2488. Open session for members of the public
None present.

2489. To receive declarations of interest
None

2490. To confirm and sign minutes of the last meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd March 2016 were circulated prior to this meeting and were accepted as a true record.
Proposed: Cllr Guerri-Fear Seconded: Cllr Morris

2491. Discuss/approve purchase of poles for Speed Indicator Devices (S.I.D.S) and locations
Due to the lack of existing poles, the Councillors agreed to purchase four poles, at the estimated cost of £100.00 each, for traffic entering the village in the following locations:
- Deverill Road, near the B&B
- From Tytherington, near Glebe Farm
- The Common, before the dip & left hand bend, alongside the nursing home
- Norton Road, before Sandfields
The Clerk will liaise with Wiltshire Council to obtain approval and arrange installation.
Proposed: Cllr King Seconded: Cllr Walker

2492. Arrangements for Geraldton visitor
We have a representative from Geraldton (our linked city) visiting Sutton Veny for the Anzac commemorations later this month to present the Parish Council with a plaque from the Mayor. Members of the Parish Council will be attending the service at the church and will present him with a small gift. The Clerk will arrange this, up to the value of £50.00.
Proposed: Cllr Walker Seconded: Cllr Lusty

2493. Nominations from Councillors for 2016 Community Award
A resident of the village was proposed and all Councillors unanimously agreed to present the award to the recipient at the Annual Parish Meeting in May.

2494. Further discussion on possible arrangements for the road closure for the Queen’s 90th birthday celebrations
The Clerk has been in contact with Wiltshire Council regarding the possible closure of a section of the High Street, but due to probable costs, a comprehensive consultation process and the suitability of the diversion route (Bests Lane), it was decided not to proceed. The Clerk will investigate the availability of the Alexander Field and Village Hall.

2495. Chairman’s report
The Chairman and Clerk signed her contract of employment.

2496. Planning Committee report
Wiltshire Council planning decisions:
16/01136/TCA – Polebridge House, Duck St – Tree works – NO OBJECTION
16/01735/TCA – 22 Deverill Rd – Tree works – NO OBJECTION

2497. Payments
Mr W Pearce – Allotments rent £650.00
CPRE annual membership £36.00
Proposed: Cllr Guerri-Fear Seconded: Cllr Morris

2498. Clerk’s report and correspondence received
The Clerk reminded Councillors that the Annual Parish Meeting and Annual Council Meeting will be held on Wednesday 4th May, not the usual Thursday due to elections being held.
The vacancy on the Parish Council has been advertised and the Clerk is now awaiting confirmation from Wiltshire Council that no election has been requested by villagers.
Wiltshire Council has agreed to loan some equipment for the tidy up morning later this month and will be collected by the Clerk.

2499. Matters raised for discussion only
Cllr Morris asked for clarification regarding transparency at public meetings and offered her apologies for May meeting.
Cllr Guerri-Fear also offered apologies for May meeting.
Cllr King reminded councillors that if any possible planning infringements occur in the village, they should be investigated by the Parish Council.

2486. Items for newsletter and website
Cllr Walker will write the report for the village hall newsletter.

The meeting closed at 19:50

The Annual Parish Meeting will take place at 6:30pm on Wednesday 4th May 2016 in the village hall and will be followed by the Annual Council Meeting.

Post Reply