Dodgy Security Firm

Prevent Crime - Give Your Support !

Moderator: PRS

PRS

Dodgy Security Firm

Post by PRS » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:21 pm

I have received the following:

"I've had several reports today from various sources that a Security Company called Sureshield/Brute Force Security is currently targeting your, and surrounding, area(s),
They will target people in their 80s and tie them to a 5 year contract instead of 3. They will imply connections to Neighbourhood Watch, Group Four Security, Police, Age Concern. They will offer a "free security system", which is actually free but the client will pay up to £2000 extra for that during the rest of their contract.
They are associated with Direct Response Security, and St Johns Security, (the latter is currently being investigated by Trading Standards at Bristol), both are companies with which Regional Forces have had serious problems in the past.
It is illegal for them to offer police-monitored alarm systems in Wiltshire as they are not an accredited or authorised to do so in this County. Additionally this department will reject any applications from them.
Anyone thinking about signing with these should be strongly advised not to. Ask them to contact me instead for advice on 01380 734 118 where I hold a list of accredited alarm companies
Derek Barron, Alarms Manager, Wiltshire Police"