DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 06/07/2017

Parish Council Matters

Moderator: matyeo

Post Reply
matyeo
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm

DRAFT Minutes of meeting held 06/07/2017

Post by matyeo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:49 pm

DRAFT MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF SUTTON VENY PARISH COUNCIL held on Thursday 6th July 2017

Present: Cllrs Oxlade (Chair), Guerri-Fear, Goodman, King, Morris, Owen & Walker

2665. Acceptance of apologies for absence
Cllr Lusty

2666. Open session for members of the public
None present.

2667. To receive declarations of interest
None

2668. To confirm and sign minutes of the last meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on 1st June 2017 were circulated prior to this meeting and were accepted as a true record.
Proposed: Cllr Walker Seconded: Cllr Morris

2669. Councillor Vacancy
No applications received. Continue to advertise.

2670. Play Area Gate
The Clerk will instruct a contractor to replace the access gate to the Play Area a.s.a.p. Due to the length of time until the next meeting and the nature of the damage, the Clerk was authorised to instruct the work without bringing it to Council.

2671. Finger Post renovation
The Clerk presented the Councillors with photographs of the finger posts that are in a poor state and require renovation. Quotations for the work will be obtained for consideration at September meeting.

2672. Items for Parish Steward
- Clerk to check if clearing the verge by the milestone at The Common is required
- Road signs require cleaning

2673. Chairman’s Report
Cllr Owen gave an update on the Poultry Farm planning application which is expected to go before the County Planning Committee later this month. There are still outstanding environmental issues that are yet to be addressed by the applicant.
Arrangements to purchase the 2017 Christmas Tree for the Village Green were briefly discussed. Further discussions at September meeting.

2674. Planning Committee Report
Wiltshire Council planning decisions:
17/01776/FUL – Land North of The Kennels, Norton Rd – Erection of 8 dwellings & associated infrastructure – APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS

17/04397/FUL – 62 Duck St – Proposed garden room extension & internal alterations – APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS
17/04323/OUT – Land adjacent Orchard Cottage, Norton Rd – Outline application with all matters reserved for erection of B&B and residential annex - REFUSE
Parish Council consultations:
17/04339/FUL – Polebridge, Duck St – Erection of lean-to greenhouse – NO OBJECTION
17/05636/LBC – Polebridge, Duck St – Erection of lean-to greenhouse – NO OBJECTION
17/05788/TPO – Woodcombe Cleve, Hill Rd – Works to Beech & Copper Beech – FURTHER CLARIFICATION REQUIRED

The Clerk reported that paper copies of full planning applications will no longer be issued by Wiltshire Council. Instead, electronic notification will be received.

2675. Payments
Sutton Veny History Group (budgeted contribution) £500.00
Lloyds Bank Commercial Finance (Stationery Plus) £157.36
M Atyeo – expenses (Flower Show) £50.00
31.07.17 M Atyeo – salary £1356.13
Proposed: Cllr Walker Seconded: Cllr Owen
The Clerk advised that VAT paid for the period 03/09/2015 to 28/02/2017 has been refunded by HMRC, amounting to £367.34.

2676. Clerk’s report and correspondence received
The Clerk reported that Wiltshire Council are still dealing with the issue regarding the strip of Public Highway at Sheppards Forge.
There has been an issue with allotment plot 5, it was very overgrown and covered with weeds. A letter was sent to the tenant and work is currently underway to clear it.
The Warminster CATG requested a written application for the waiting restrictions at the junction of Norton Road/High Street. This has been actioned and we await further developments.

2677. Matters raised for discussion only
Cllr Goodman advised that a grant for Heytesbury & Sutton Veny Cricket Club has been obtained in order to purchase cricket cages and nets.
Cllr Guerri-Fear reported that she has received complaints regarding parking on the Chapel Drain public footpath, restricting access at the High Street.
Cllr King raised the issue of installing a second defibrillator in the village. The Clerk will obtain details for next meeting.

2664. Items for newsletter and website
The Clerk will write the report for the village hall newsletter.

The meeting closed at 19:40

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on 7th September 2017 starting at 7:00pm in the Village Hall.
THERE IS NO MEETING IN AUGUST.

Post Reply